WorldatWork has created an extensive new tool which consists of a dictionary of more than 200 questions that every organization should consider in designing or modifying its executive compensation program. In light of today's heightened scrutiny of executive compensation, WorldatWork has decided to offer the tool - originally designed exclusively for its members - on a complimentary basis to the business community at large.
The Executive Rewards Questionary (available for on-line use or to download in a variety of formats) is designed to help the reader - be they a compensation or human resources practitioner, a Board member, an investor, a member of the media or any other interested party - think through all the possibilities and options that might arise in the development of an executive compensation program. Questions are organized into four main sections:
- Internal Environment (business strategy, human capital, organizational culture, organizational resources and parameters)
- Stakeholders (shareholders, compensation committee/board of directors, management, plan participants, other employees, communication strategy)
- External Environment (regulatory, economic/industry/labor market, community)
- Disclosure and Transparency (public disclosure/transparency, regulatory findings, compensation committee)
Reward elements covered in the Questionary include:
- Stock/equity-based plans
- Short- and long-term incentive plans
- Executive perquisites and benefits
- Deferred compensation plans
- Employment agreements
If you have involvement in designing, assessing or approving executive compensation program elements - or even if you simply want to learn more about this area - this is a terrific addition to your resource library.
Here again is the link to download the Questionary. Many thanks to WorldatWork for their generous offering of this helpful tool to all of us!